Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I miss you.
Until we meet again!
- author unknown
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

About this Blog

Over the past year or so, I have become fascinated with our family history. I guess my inspiration comes from the realization that I have one living grandparent and that he is the only one left with first hand stories of his siblings, parents and grandparents.

After a na├»ve, head-first, dive into this “project” called genealogy, I soon realized that it is a never ending and addictive search mission. It has certainly turned out to be a wonderful exercise for my obsessive compulsive behaviors towards organization. Catering also to my tendency to plan ahead, I realize that gathering as much family history as possible will make efforts easier for future generations to understand how deep and how far across the globe our family roots spread.

I have created this blog in an effort to organize my genealogy research and thoughts. The information provided is a work-in-progress and I do not guarantee that all names, dates, relationships, etc are correct. My sources include internet research (mainly ancestry.com and lds.com), cemetery trips, and family letters/bibles/stories. When available, detailed information will be provided beginning with my great grandparents. For current generations, only general information will be added to the blog, but of course I can provide details to anyone who wishes to see them. Certainly any corrections, additional information, pictures or stories would be greatly appreciated.

With that said, I now begin the daunting task of trying to organize my chaos into a format that is easy to understand and maintain.

1 comment:

willy said...

Karen,

you have done a great job on the Hall genealogy and I would like to get in touch with you since we are
cousins. I authored, with help, The Halls of Marion Co.

Send me an email address:

Bill Hall at
williamhall71@sbcglobal.net