Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I miss you.
Until we meet again!
- author unknown
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

About this Blog

Over the past year or so, I have become fascinated with our family history. I guess my inspiration comes from the realization that I have one living grandparent and that he is the only one left with first hand stories of his siblings, parents and grandparents.

After a naïve, head-first, dive into this “project” called genealogy, I soon realized that it is a never ending and addictive search mission. It has certainly turned out to be a wonderful exercise for my obsessive compulsive behaviors towards organization. Catering also to my tendency to plan ahead, I realize that gathering as much family history as possible will make efforts easier for future generations to understand how deep and how far across the globe our family roots spread.

I have created this blog in an effort to organize my genealogy research and thoughts. The information provided is a work-in-progress and I do not guarantee that all names, dates, relationships, etc are correct. My sources include internet research (mainly ancestry.com and lds.com), cemetery trips, and family letters/bibles/stories. When available, detailed information will be provided beginning with my great grandparents. For current generations, only general information will be added to the blog, but of course I can provide details to anyone who wishes to see them. Certainly any corrections, additional information, pictures or stories would be greatly appreciated.

With that said, I now begin the daunting task of trying to organize my chaos into a format that is easy to understand and maintain.

3 comments:

willy said...

Karen,

you have done a great job on the Hall genealogy and I would like to get in touch with you since we are
cousins. I authored, with help, The Halls of Marion Co.

Send me an email address:

Bill Hall at
williamhall71@sbcglobal.net

Unknown said...

Are you Charles Harvey's daughter? I'm his first cousin, Ronnie Campbell; I'm Jack's (Virginia's) oldest son, in Charleston, SC ...you got the Calhouns down pat ...theoldroom@aol.com

Unknown said...

Hi Karen,
This is your cousin, Ronnie Calhoun Campbell. Hope you see this soon. Sad to tell you that Aunt Mary (Calhoun)'s son, Jimmy King, passed away Saturday, Nov. 24, 2018, in Dothan, Ala. Your cousin Ronnie Calhoun (Zeke and Louise Calhoun's son) is trying to reach your father to let him know. They are all first cousins. If you have a contact for Charles Harvey, you can e-mail me at theoldroom@aol.com and I will pass it on to Ronnie Calhoun.
Best from all the Campbells in Charleston.