Goodbyes are not forever.
Goodbyes are not the end.
They simply mean I miss you.
Until we meet again!
- author unknown
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Boston Cemetery, Thomas County, Georgia

On November 24, 2007, my mom and I went to Boston, Georgia to visit Boston Cemetery and the old Hardware Store that was owned by John Glover Burney, my great-granduncle.

According to Herring, a former cook, the store was inherited by his son John 'Jack' Glover Burney, Jr and run by him for 10 years. Ed Cook then bought it and tripled the space by adding on and incorporating another building.

There are only two direct decendents buried in this cemetery, but other branches from the tree are here too. I've included pictures of the direct decendents.


William James Burney (9.2)

Rachel Foreman Burney (9.3)

No comments: